Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've been way too tired all week, and busy with my last summer course, so I haven't really been able to post much. I have been reading pitchfork every day though for their Top 500 Songs of the 00's, and it's a really, really good read for anyone interested. I was surprised at how mainstream they got towards the top, and also at the fact that I knew so many of the 500 picks. Anyways, good thing to check out (especially when I'm being slow like this).

As a means of an update, I'm hoping to get a lot of my album reviews done over the next week. I'll probably start with the Arkells, and then see if I can't get the Sunset Rubdown and The Most Serene Republic ones done. I've been listening to all of them pretty consistently, but I'll have to do it a little more thoroughly to get a good review of each done.

I also just bought Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains' first album (he's half of the now-defunct but much-beloved Death From Above 1979 - the other half went off and formed MSTRKRFT) and I'm getting Lightning Dust's album Infinite Light sometime next week, so I'll probably have some quick reviews of those ones too.

I would post a song right now, but my uploader is conking out, so I'll have to do it later today.

No comments: