Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 1 in pictures

Figured it might be good to put up some visuals to my words. The pics are in the same order as the review, so from the first show I saw to the last.

Not my own photos, they're via Osheaga and property of the actual photographers.

La Roux

this is the MEG stage, where I spent a good chunk of my time and saw my favorite acts.

an actual pic of that hair she was rocking

Eagles of Death Metal

Dick McGee. Not his real name, but certainly not my favorite person there

Dick plays guitar too

...this is not Josh Homme as I found out later

The Stills

the all-red combo

the all-blue combo

...and give it up for the both of them

The Rural Alberta Advantage

the ever-cute Amy, and their drummer (also of Woodhands)

lead singer Nils...though I wanna call him Jason, cause he looks like Jason Statham of "The Transporter" fame

Lykke Li

the woman knows how to work a drumstick

the perfect dusk show
kudos to the photographer, as this shot is just perfect

Girl Talk

...though no girls are actually in Girl Talk - that's Greg of GT on the left with the dancers who were brought up for the entirety of the show
he has a penchant for getting more and more undressed as the show goes along, so this is early on
Woodhands

yes, they're as geeky as they look, but hell can they perform
eager is one way to put it


No comments: