Monday, August 10, 2009

Best Songs of 2009? let's try it again


Unfortunately, I added two or three too many links to my post yesterday listing the Top 15 songs of 2009, and it was taken down by the site's host.

It's such a big pain to rewrite it and I'm so peeved by the takedown that I'm not gonna bother posting it all again, though I will post my actual list of songs, just so they can be compared later on to my longer and more filled-out year-end list.

(and because evidently posting the same damn songs on hypem.com doesn't necessitate blog posts being taken down, head over there and search for the songs in this list - all but Japandroids and Handsome Furs should be on there for your listening pleasure)

15. Groove Armada - Drop The Tough (Twelves Remix)

14. Arkells - John Lennon

13. Handsome Furs - All We Want Baby, Is Everything

12. The Bloody Beetroots ft. Steve Aoki - Warp 1.9

11. La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Remix)

10. Little Boots - New In Town (Emil & Friends Remix)

9. The Rural Alberta Advantage - Don't Haunt This Place

8. Japandroids - Sovereignty

7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

6. Phoenix - Lisztomania

5. Grizzly Bear - While You Wait For The Others

4. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move

3. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks

2. Bon Iver - Blood Bank

1. Animal Collective - My Girls

I'd also offer all 15 for download again, but I'm sure that got me in trouble yesterday too. In the meantime, I still suggest checking out hypem for the above songs.

No comments: