Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So a weirdo and a softy walk into a bar...























Possibly the weirdest song I have, both musically and based on a video my father described as "sick," and most definitely not in a good way. And he's maybe only said that about 3 things in my life...all of which I can't remember right now. The song has a Middle-Eastern feel to it, but starts with what sounds like African tribal chanting; take that as you may.

I watched the video before I heard the song itself, and I'm not one to watch videos much in the first place. Just to let you know however, the video will give you much more to visualize whenever you hear the song by itself afterwards.

And I won't lie: I frankly have no idea what they're saying for most of the song.

Omar K - Rainbow Arabia























Now this one I've had even longer, but I still remember the first night I heard it. Put it on repeat until the late hours of the morning, and it never lost its feel. Beautiful singing by Lykke Li; the way she drags out her word endings is such a hard thing to put into words. 

It's like slowly pulling sand out of an ocean, then letting it flow back through your hands to where it came from. (Writing and re-writing that sentence took me nearly as long as the song itself.) Kleerup provides a pulsating beat to keep the song moving, but the strings add an element of class to the whole thing.


No comments: