Saturday, June 13, 2009

I actually thought they were dead...no lie

...but they're not. They're just two Scottish brothers trying to make awesome music. I should really stop posting when I'm so tired, cause I can't think as clearly or write as much, but it's the kind of night for this song. Actually, any time is the kind of time for this song.

It's just kinda beatifully distorted, in the vein of a lot of music I like. Plus I can't really say anything about "Just Like Honey" that hasn't been said already...it's kinda been 20+ years.

The particular song aside, I do have to say though, I've always hated most music from the 80's, just because of the local pop music station here that would have an 80's morning every Sunday. I'm not sure what was more aggravating every start of the week: my mom trying to hurry us to make it on time for church (never worked), or the God-awful, straining, hair-clenchingly-annoying pop and "rock" music from that whole era (probably that). I'd say there's maybe 10% of music I actually like from that timeframe.

There's a rider to all this of course: I didn't know The Jesus & Mary Chain, Dinosaur, Jr. and an assortment of good new wave and alt. rock groups were even around making music at the time. It's surely raised the quality of that era for me, one discovery at a time.

No comments: