Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saying so much with nothing at all

You Could Easily Have Me by Metronomy is a song I always come back whenever I've got my mp3 player going in the car, because it makes for such good driving music that you can turn up loud and have no qualms about doing so. It's got a hard-driving (get it? umm, yeah) beat, and I read that Metronomy's opened up at least one show with this one (for all I know, it could be his go-to song), so it's got that kind of feel to it.

Anyways, the most striking thing about the song for me is that there's such a strong of feeling and mood conveyed, but you don't need any words to get the sense of either one. It's presented so well by the music itself - tell me you don't feel a sense of urgency or tepidness listening to this song. Plus, it just shouts "driving song" to me, from the way the beat chortles like an engine running.

Take a listen for yourself:

No comments: