Friday, August 24, 2007

Whaat?!

Forgot to put this one the other day or anytime before this, but I was thinking about it at work.

Blender magazine (that Maxim/music mix one, which is actually a pretty decent publication, considering it comes from the same guys who bring you scantily-clad women and beer and barbecue tips every month) had a list of the "Top 100 Hottest Things Right Now", and I thought the list was pretty decent...until I got to number 1, and found out it was...Andy Samberg? Like what the fuck? I was literally shocked to see him there. Hot Rod looks stupid, and even though I enjoyed "Dick In A Box" on SNL, I really doubt it's been his year. Sure he got the cover...

Anyways, I got to thinking today, and it really shoulda just stopped at number 2, Lil' Wayne. To pre-face this, I'm not exactly one for gangster rap, and I used to just despise Weezy's voice and lyrics until I started hearing more and more of him, and he began using his raspiness and wit in a better manner. Now he's everywhere, seems to have a new song out every week, and it's actually quality and quantity. Plus I've read articles in everything from The New Yorker to Scratch to GQ about him and how he's on top of the hip-hop game right now. There's one guy whose year it's been.

The other thing I found rather amusing was that going through the UK edition of Esquire, they had the cover line of "The best comedy on TV you've never seen" so that kinda intrigued me. I get around to it, and guess what? It's Saturday Night Live. Like go figure, one of the staples of American television, and most Brits have never seen it I guess. I would've thought anyone who'd seen any SNL alums acting would've found out about the show, you know, after like 30 years, but I guess not.

No comments: