Friday, August 24, 2007

Last Day of Work

So I finally finished work today after more than 4 months I think. Made a lot of new friends, who I might not ever see again, which kinda sucks. I learned old women can be cool (Trish) some can be annoying (Judy), and nothing beats being one of the only guys at a female-dominated workplace. I mean, I think I spent as much time flirting as counting cash at the end of the night (by the way, counting cash is basically free money...you sit there and just frigging count money...on company time).

I also learned that working 5am shifts suck. Yeah, you get out earlier, like 2:30pm, but waking up at 4am and being tired all day are some pretty bad trade-offs for that. Finally, I learned what it's like to have a semi-steady job. For one thing, I could never imagine doing that job day in and day out for years like some people have. Just working the cash, keeping the store tidy, all that stuff? Even for the brief summer that I worked there there were times when I felt I was gonna go crazy.

Alas though, I actually had quite a shitty day. I broke up with my girlfriend last week, and since I was the one who did it, I actually took it pretty well considering. Then I sent her an email last night apologizing for something that came to my mind, and she blasted me with the most bitter email I've ever got this morning. All day long I finally realized how she must've felt this whole time, and that took it's toll on me, cause up until today, I'd pretty much come out unscathed from the whole episode. Anyways, I guess you learn from everything, and that's all I have to take away from that.

No comments: