Monday, October 24, 2011

Halifax Pop Explosion in Haikus!

tough to see, but No Joy's Jasamine White-Glutz is the second-hottest girl in Canadian indie

I've never really been one to limit myself, but in the spirits of expediency and experimentation, I gave this a try:

Tuesday @ Reflections:

Ohbijou:
Beautiful singing
Orchestral sound, very good strings
Horrible venue

Braids:
Spell-binding voices
Off-kilter drum beats resound
Bought split 7”

Wednesday @ Olympic Community Hall:

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart:
They’re from NYC
Last stop on tour, happy bunch
Exceeded my hopes

Thursday @ The Seahorse:

Jenocide:
Cute girl, toned it down
Show consisted of beat loops
Had people dancing

We Were Lovers:
Pretty non-descript
Fleshed out their live act nicely
I had a few beer

Bonjay:
Kind of reggae sound
Didn’t stick around too long
Roommate liked them lots

Thursday @ The Khyber:

Something Good:
My friend’s band, at Khyber
Small, living-room-sized venue
Loud, but diverse sounds

Friday @ The Seahorse:

Honheehonee:
Saw half, stood outside
Seahorse bouncers suck a lot
Real neat sounding band 

Graham Wright:
Tokyo Police Club
Their keyboardist, was good show
He liked Halifax

Library Voices:
My favourite show
Packed so much energy in
Eight people on stage

Friday @ The Palace:

Juan MacLean:
DJ just stood there
Few people at the Palace
Left early to eat

Saturday @ The Palace:

No Joy:
Love this band so much
Hardest rocking girls I’ve seen
Weren’t really “there”

PS I Love You:
Love this band so much
Fattest rocker I have seen
There was too much there

Fucked Up:
Great show to end on
Ears rang for two days after
Pink Eyes is nutso

No comments: