Saturday, December 5, 2009

out out out out out out out out out




watch out


This could be a first. Look up Alberta's (best? only?) electro-outfit "Shout Out Out Out Out" on hypem. (Here, I'll save you the time.) Didn't really find what you're looking for, right? Now look up "Remind Me In Dark Times." (I'm so nice to you.) Still nothing? Darn. I think for the first time, I'm posting a song that has yet to be shared on the whole wide interwebs. It's also almost 9 minutes long, so start listening now.

This was a tune that I put in heavy rotation in the strangest of ways this summer. I had a government job, meaning the only thing I could listen to on my desktop was CBC Radio3 podcasts. "Remind Me In Dark Times" was charting on Radio3's Top 30 countdown back then, so I would download the condensed podcast whenever I wanted to hear this, skip ahead to the part where it started (and sometimes listen to the Junior Boys track right before it) and then I'd backtrack and listen to the whole thing again once it was done. The great thing about songs over 8 minutes -- especially electronic ones? If they're good in the first place, they're so long that by the time they're done, you wouldn't get sick of them if you listened again.

Anyways, I'm super-tired, overstuffed from supper, and I'm rambling/not making the best points here. So let the song ride out, in all its awesome, sinister vocoded-ness. And remember who sent you.

Buy Reintegration Time here: Amazon

No comments: