Wednesday, September 5, 2007

University

Whooo, first day and it's already going great. Every class is supposed to be 75 minutes long, but I took a microeconomics course with the "best professor you'll have" (it was on ratemyprofessors.com) and he was not only letting people in late, but he told us our textbooks were useless (a waste of reading and basically a $150 dictionary, which I'd thankfully not spent yet) and that we didn't have to take either mid-term, making our final worth 100%. Best of all, he let us out of 8:30am class after 20 minutes, and told us to "enjoy our first day of university".

It's much better than I thought in the first place, I've seen enough of my friends, and the atmosphere here is great. For anyone who's currently in high school, and relishes that kind of freedom, it's about tenfold here. You don't have to go to any classes, and you have more than ample time in between them. Best of all, I have every Friday off, and we're one of the few universities to have that.

No comments: